Man in police net for assaulting woman



A 27-year-old man Kabiri Umar, caused a stir on Tuesday when he allegedly grabbed the buttocks of a married woman, Joy Francis, in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
 
The man, an Hausa resident in Eka Street, was arrested by the police for assault on Francis.
 
Francis said she wanted to buy fish when Umar grabbed and caressed her buttocks.
It was learnt that as the woman shouted at Umar in embarrassment, he took it as an insult and slapped the woman before hitting her with firewood on the face.
 
The injured woman told our correspondent that she initially thought Umar was going somewhere else when he stopped and grabbed her.
 
She said, “As he touched my buttocks, I asked him to stop that nonsense bacause I am a married woman.
 
“As soon as I asked him to stop, Umar exclaimed, ‘Kai!’ you called me nonsense; and before I could say anything further, he slapped me. He then hit me on the face with firewood.
 
“In the process, I lost my BlackBerry Bold 5, which I bought for N75,000, a necklace which I got for N2,000, and the money on me.”
 
However, Umar said Francis insulted him.
 
He said, “When I was eating, this woman looked at me and said Hausa eat one type of food every time. She said the food I was eating is black. I did not like it. After that I cannot recollect what happened again.
 
“After all, what will I do with this woman? I have two wives already. They are all with me here in Uyo.”
 
The Police Public Relations Officer, Akwa Ibom State Police Command, Mr. Etim Dickson, confirmed the assault and Umar’s arrest.
 
He said, “This is a clear act of indecent assault. Hitting the woman with a stick is another assault. The police will deal with the matter accordingly.”
 
One of Umar’s kinsmen, Umar Musa, promised that the Hausa community would caution him when he was freed from the police custody.
You have read this article with the title Man in police net for assaulting woman. You can bookmark this page URL http://aprendeteaquerer.blogspot.com/2013/06/man-in-police-net-for-assaulting-woman.html. Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...